Oral health plays an important role in our day to day life. Irrespective of gender everyone should take care of their teeth to achieve a good oral hygiene. According to surveys and studies, men are less likely to take care of their oral health and are more prone to cause dental issues.
Here are some simple ways to avoid men’s dental issues
- Brushing your teeth twice a day
- Replacing your toothbrush once in every 3 months
- Visiting dentists once in a year
- Taking proper medications
- Reduce smoking, alcohol consumption and chewing tobacco to keep your gums healthy.
By following these steps men can get a good oral health.
Life style of men play an important role in their overall health. The main reasons for their oral problems are
1. Missing dental visits: Regular dental checkups and professional cleaning is necessary to keep men’s tooth healthy. It should be done once in every 6 months.
2. Insufficient brushing: Brushing twice a day with fluoride paste is necessary to have a clean teeth. Men brush less often compared to women and they take only some second to do it. For a good oral health we should take at least 2 minutes to brush our teeth.
3. More gum problems: Surveys have shown that 34 % of men under the age of 30 and 54 suffer gum diseases.
4. Higher risk of dry mouth: The saliva has an ability to protect the teeth from bacteria. Thus if the mouth is dry, the chances for getting dental problems are more. Dry mouth may be an after effect of heart disease and blood pressure medications.
5. Higher use of carcinogens: Men are at a higher risk of oral cancer than women due to their habits like smoking, chewing tobacco and alcohol consumption.
It’s time for men’s to take care of their oral health
Deivam dental clinic is one of the best dental clinic in Madurai, offering orthodontic services at an affordable cost.
Visit Us: http://www.dentist-india-madurai.com/
E-mail Us: email@example.com