Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are trained to treat and diagnose defects, injuries and diseases of the mouth, jaw, teeth, neck, gums and other soft tissues of the head.
Oral surgery can cure wisdom teeth removals, facial pain, TMJ, dental implants and removal of tumors and cysts. Oral surgeons are also able to offer reconstructive surgery where facial trauma has been involved or for other esthetic reasons.
Oral surgery is done normally for rectifying diseases like, Unequal jaw growth, Improve fit of dentures, Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, Facial injury repair, Lesion removal and biopsy, Cleft lip and cleft palate repair, Facial infections and Snoring/sleep apnea.
Minor oral surgery
The minor oral surgery is being conducted in order to Removal of impacted wisdom tooth, removal of broken root and removal of badly chipped tooth.
Minor operation under local anaesthetic :
- You will be given a local anaesthetic, similar to what you have at the dentist for a filling or extraction.
- Eat and drink as normal, DO NOT FAST.
- Take your usual medication as normal on day of surgery. Please bring a list of your current medication with you.
- If you are on anticoagulants you will already have been given specific instructions.
- If you use inhalers or take medication for angina, please bring them with you when you attend.
- You are given anesthesia because you can under go the procedure without pain and relaxed manner.
After the surgery patient may face from certain problems like, oozing, steady bleeding, swelling, exercise care, pain, nausea and sharp edges. All these symptoms are common and it can be expected. Thorough and strict medication can heal these problems quickly.
Dr. Rajarajan , since graduating has worked exclusively throughout different hospitals in India on oral and maxillofacial surgery. His versatile style of treatment can make this process very simple.